Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sympathy and Ink -- for Great Impressions Stamps

Greetings, fellow stampers!  I'm happy to be back on the Great Impressions Stamps design team after having to take a break during my chemo treatments.  I absolutely LOVE their stamps, so it's so fun to be creating with them again!

I don't often heat emboss, but that's the joy of working with real stamps like Great Impressions Stamps instead of digital ones.  So, I got out the embossing inks and created a couple of cards that I needed using Great Impressions Stamps Wildflower Silhouette (H184) and With Sympathy (B206):




I created both cards by heat embossing the Wildflower Silhouette (H184) image with black embossing powder.  I then sponged on Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks in the background, using various shaped cutting dies to back them. I can never seem to have enough Sympathy cards, so I'm pleased to have these to add to the stash. 

If you haven't joined the challenge yet at Great Impressions stamps, there's still a few more days.  A new challenge will start on May 7. 

3 comments:

  1. Julie, both of these are just so stunning. Love the colors. Hope you are feeling so much better these days too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Julie! The oxides are so colorful! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really beautiful cards Julie! I really love how you created the backgrounds for the image!
    Crafty Hugs, Ruza

    ReplyDelete